Thursday, December 22, 2011

Welcome to my poetry blog, here is my most recent


what I am and what I am not
(or what I can take to the grave and what I cant)

I am not my car
I am not my home
I am not my age
I am not my phone
I am not my clothes
I am not my face
I am not my job
I am not my race
I am not my hair
I am not my shoes
I am not my spouse
I am not my blues
I am
the poem waiting to be written
the space
in between words
the dance
waiting to be moved
I am
the love I have to give
the life that I have lived
I am not a corporation
a symbol of any status
if you look at me
you cant see me
there are no labels
you wont find me
like sand slipping through
your fingers
meaning is gone
I have carved out
my own space
and I sing
my own
song

a. hart 8/7/2011

copyright alison hart 2011

4 comments:

  1. Hi Alison I love this poem in our materialistic world. XOXOOO

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for stopping by and reading it xo ali

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alison, I am moved by your inspiration.
    All 3 of these poems have music, movement, power. Thank you! I appreciate the rhyme and rhythms. The content is REAL. Thank you for your heart in this world!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isabella
    I am moved that you read them looking forward to reading yours!

    ReplyDelete